British Democracy By The Numbers
A smart but unverified article doing the rounds on Facebook, which would be highly amusing were it not sounding a strong note of authenticity:
Can you imagine working for a company that only has a little more than 635 employees and has the following employee statistics:
- 29 have been arrested for spousal abuse
- 7 have been arrested for fraud
- 9 have been accused of writing bad cheques
- 17 have directly or indirectly bankrupted 2 businesses
- 3 have served time for assault
- 71 cannot get a credit card due to poor credit rating
- 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
- 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
- 21 are currently defendants in various lawsuits
- 84 have been arrested for drunk-driving in the past 12 months
and collectively, in the same 12 months, have cost the British taxpayer more than £92 million in expenses.
The name of this august body of civic paragons: The House of Commons
Makes yer proud !