Keep the pressure on dodgy MPs – vote for a Recall Law now
Found an interesting site collecting an online petition to lobby the leaders of the main parties to commit to new legislation in their next manifesto. As a useful way to remind these muppets that we have not forgotten and are still angry, check this site out and sign up. Seems like a great idea – give enough people in any constituency the power to recall their local MP and prompt a bi-election. How about setting the threshold to be the same number that voted for them in the first place ? It obviously depends on finding a cost-effective and secure mechanism for voters to register their disgust and prompt a recall / local election but it remains a worthy objective.
Related articles by Zemanta
- MPs found guilty of breaching expenses rules to be forced out of Parliament (telegraph.co.uk)
- MPs’ expenses: ‘further action’ against Shahid Malik not ruled out says Gordon Brown (telegraph.co.uk)
- Russell Brown claimed maximum for new bathroom (telegraph.co.uk)
- Alex Salmond claims he was victim of MPs’ expenses system (telegraph.co.uk)
- MPs’ expenses: ‘The taxman doesn’t like collusion – what will he make of MPs’ identical explanations?’ (telegraph.co.uk)