Next-generation iPhone nabbed – the iPhone 4 ?
Those naughty people at Gizmodo have managed to snaffle a copy of the next generation iPhone. You can check out all the inside details here.
Assuming this is not some (very) elaborate prank then the new device looks good. Usual home key, separate volume buttons, a front facing camera, rear cam + flash, and the suggestion of noise-cancelling technology, which gets my vote. Case design has lost its lovely back curves but comes as a more solid metallic core. Gizmodo’s dissection suggests longer battery life too as a complete internal re-design made space for bigger cells.
Their $10,000 Easter present carries a micro-sim cavity on the side so not sure how this will fit in with European GSM/3G carrier subscriber infrastructures. Presumably it just adds to the difficulty with which a user can plug into another device and still use their Apple-friendly airtime deal.
The new design suggests enough improvements including the all-important case design change. This will make the device stand out for the early adopters who Apple rely on. That is, peeps who want to be seen with the latest and greatest. Apple have only privately acknowledged this is actually theirs so no release dates or feature announcements as yet. It’s all conjecture. Looks good though !
Related articles by Zemanta
- So, is Gizmodo’s 4G iPhone for real? (timesonline.typepad.com)
- New iPhone Leaked to Gizmodo (blippitt.com)
- Gizmodo Broke The Law With That iPhone Stunt And Apple Should Sue Its Ass Off — Bercovici (businessinsider.com)
- Finders Keepers: Gizmodo and the Lost iPhone (raleighpublicrelations.com)
- Gizmodo’s iPhone Scoop: The Nick Denton Interview (Foster Kamer/Runnin’ Scared) (techmeme.com)