The Return of the Flying Deutsche Man
Is it April 1st ? I had to check. Having told the world via an interview with the BBC that he would not return out of choice to the wheel of a Formula One car, Michael Schumacher has confirmed he will stand in for Felipe Massa at Ferrari.
The 7-times Formula One World Champion has apparently agreed to drive for the Maranello marque for as many races as required until Massa is fit enough to return.
Wonderful news – adding even more excitement to a Formula One season that has been vastly entertaining. How will the existing field fare against the German stalwart ? Not renowned for his sportsmanlike behaviour on the track, the alleged Top Gear Stig could further stir up an already volatile Grand Prix grid. Great stuff !
Related articles by Zemanta
- Michael Schumacher interview (telegraph.co.uk)
- Michael Schumacher Stars in Bacardi Campaign (viralblog.com)
- Top Gear: The Stig ‘unmasked’ as F1 ace Michael Schumacher. Really? (telegraph.co.uk)
- Report: Schumacher to drive (cbssports.com)
- Guess What? Michael Schumacher Is Coming Back To Formula One (bleacherreport.com)
- Schumacher Shock F1 Return Makes It Four World Champs on the Grid! (bleacherreport.com)
- Felipe Massa recovering quickly; doctors talk of release (thestar.com)